4/07/2011

We Left Pete in Charge!




 Hi all,
               
This is Kenan's Mom and I am trying my hand at updating the blog.  Billy has taken a much deserved few hours off with Kenan's Dad, Kenny, her "Little Brother", Pete, and our long time family friend Howard.  Kenny and I have known Howard since their days at UNC.  Let's see was that 1973?  "Boys Night" out I guess.  However, don't feel bad for Kenan and me because we are having our own pajama party and I love this opportunity to spend time with my "little girl".  By the way, she is the most positive, brave, strong, joyful and adorable young woman I know.

Billy and I both left Kenan at the hospital for a few hours this afternoon, so we could both go freshen up.  We left Kenan with Pete, her Dad, another family friend Tyler, and her first cousin Jill.  In good hands, right?  When I returned at 5:00, I saw Dr. Luigi at Kenan's hospital door with another doctor looking very serious.  When I walked up, I overheard them saying she is not in the room.  What, where is she, I asked?  Dr Luigi stated he believed her brother had taken her for a ride?  What?  Yes, Pete felt Kenan should get up and out.  I found out later, he did go out to the nurse's station and asked if he could take Kenan out of her room and the nurse checked with the doctor (Whew) and they said yes.  Pete found a wheelchair and they helped Kenan in and off the five of them rolled to the atrium downstairs.  Kenan had the opportunity to sit out on this beautiful spring day and feel the sunshine, enjoy the fresh air, laugh, and catch up with her friends and family.

As you can imagine, "our Kenan" is now fast asleep, although she had the intent to read a little of the People Magazine sitting beside her on the bed.  The nurse's have checked on her for the night.  They have removed some of her IV's and her oxygen apparatus.  We did hear Cousin Jill saved the day when one of the nurses was going to cut Kenan's hair in order to remove one of the IV patches.  We all know Kenan would not have wanted her hair cut away.  Jill intervened and helped free and save the hair.  Good Job, Jill.  Thanks for looking after the cousin!

Kenan is sleeping now, working on her beauty sleep. 

Tomorrow when you go through your day, don’t let the small stuff ruin your day.  Kenan is looking forward to being able to drink water tomorrow!

Posted by Kenan's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment