4/13/2011

Day 7 - almost free!!

Hey Everybody!  Today is Day 7 and we are all starting to go stir crazy in this little hospital room!  I have read all of my magazines, watched all of the bad TBS sitcoms I can stand, and taken as many naps as humanly possible.  Mom and Billy have been taking turns getting out for a while each day, and have also both developed an Angry Birds addiction.  Billy went to meet Drutar for dinner at Mellow Mushroom in Durham last night and I made him recreate the entire dinner for me.  I felt so silly but it seems like it has been forever since I have been out and interacting with people in a non-hospital situation.  I can't wait to bust out of this place!

The doctors came with good news this morning!  Hopefully I will get released tomorrow!  Mom and Billy are packing all of the bags and loading them in the car as I write this so we can jump on the road to Charlotte as soon as they let us.  They gave me SOLID foods for the first time this morning and took me off of my IV!  I am taking my pain meds orally now and, as long as everything goes well, we will be on schedule to get out tomorrow.  It feels so amazing not to be connected to that IV machine 24/7.

Now, off for one of my daily walks around the hospital!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to bust out of there soon too! I am praying for you! Are you recouping in Charlotte after you get discharged from the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep! My parents live in Charlotte so we are going to spend a few days there and hopefully be back to Charleston sometime this weekend! We wanted to go there to break up the drive to Charleston and be closer to Duke just in case anything were to happen after I get released.

    ReplyDelete