4/09/2011

Sleeping on the Job!


For those of you who are fans of the Andy Griffith Show, do you remember the episode of Asa sleeping while on guard duty in the bank?  Well we have a similar situation here in Kenan's room, but Barney hasn't come in to wake him up. (Aunt Karen, stop laughing). 

One of our favorite nurses, Savitri, came in to Kenan’s room to change some of her IV’s tonight.  She was stretching to reach the IV stand and looked over at me and commented, “My assistant is sleeping on the job”.  She said, “He usually helps me”. 

Now that I have had some practice with my technology skills in the last few days, I couldn’t resist sharing the minute by minute happenings here in “our Kenan’s” room. 
The pictures, tell it all.

While Billy is getting some much needed rest before the 3rd shift night duty, Kenan had to help me get logged on to send this out.  She looked at the picture and said, “Oh, poor Billy”.  Bless their little hearts!  You can just feel the love and this room is filling up!

So, Kenan and Billy are both resting.  Additionally, Kenan has eaten applesauce!  This is a huge milestone in her road to recovery.  We are very excited about her success with a more solid liquid food.  Each bite gets her closer to her recovery.

Gomer says Hey!

Posted by Kenan’s Mom

     

No comments:

Post a Comment