4/02/2011

February 22, 2011 - 6 month check up with Dr. Jablon (my wonderful retina doctor here in Charleston that originally found the tumor in my eye and schedules all of my CT scans)
March 8, 2011 - CT Scan
March 9, 2011 - Dr. Jablon called to tell me they found a spot on my liver they had not seen before. I went to Charleston Imaging for a MRI and an ultrasound so the radiologist could get a closer look. They were suspicious the spot may be melanoma so they sent me to MUSC to have a biopsy to confirm.
March 14, 2011 - Fine needle aspiration liver biopsy at MUSC
March 15, 2011 - PET Scan


Based on all of the scans and the biopsy the doctors determined that the cancer in my eye spread to my liver. Dr. Jablon and Dr. Mruthyunjaya (Dook) decided it would be best for me to travel back up to Dook to meet with Dr. April Salama, an oncologist specializing in melanoma, and Dr. Brian Clary, an oncologic surgeon.


*side note - all Tar Heels refer to Duke as "Dook." Don't get me wrong, I am SO SO thankful for Duke Hospital and their top notch doctors BUT I loathe the fact that they won the 2010 NCAA Championship and that the hospital staff decorates the hospital walls with all their Dookie championship paraphernalia. Like I said in an earlier facebook post..."i'll support Duke Hospitals but i'll never support Coach K!"

No comments:

Post a Comment