2/27/2012

Team Kenan Benefit was a HUGE success!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everybody who came out an supported us at the Roost last Monday night!!!  It was an incredible success and I have no idea how it was put together in such a short amount of time.   It is clear that a lot of hard work and effort was put into this event.  The Roost was packed from 6-9 and our friends and family worked SO hard waiting tables, running food, bussing tables, etc!  Everytime I looked around the room I just couldn't believe so many people came out to support ME.  It was a very exciting and humbling experience.  My fight with ocular melanoma has made me realize what generous, selfless, and down right amazing people I have in my life.  They are teaching me to be a better person and I pray that one day I can pay it foward to someone else.

We raised over $7,000 at The Roost alone through tips, raffles and a silient auction.   Many folks who were unable to attend have mailed donations to the Kenan Koll Cancer Fund.  Thank you.  This money will be such a huge help to me as I continue to travel to Philadelphia for treatment and medical care.  At one point Dr. Sato mentioned a clinical trial which would require me to go to Philadelphia once every two weeks.  After he said this we were not quite sure how we would make it work.  Thanks to your contributions clinical trials like this are now a very feasible option!!  Of course, we hope that next time we will get the news that the tumors are no longer visable and I will not have to go down the route of a clinical trial.  At the same time it is very comforting to know that I am able to take that step if necessary!

Here are a few pictures from the Team Kenan benefit!!

 Our great friends/family/volunteers
 "Team Kenan" Shirts
My best friends from 7th grade, Christine & Katie, drove all the way to Charleston for the benefit!

No comments:

Post a Comment