2/01/2012

it is good to be home!

We are back home in Charleston!

Yesterday, Dr. Gonsalves performed my 5th round of immunoembolization and she attacked the tumor on the upper left side of my liver hard.  She believes she was able to cut off the blood supply to this lesion and she said it was "glowing," which means the medicine attached to the tumor.  Once I was off of my 6 hours of bed rest they sent me in for a CT scan to make sure that they were able to hit the tumor.  After reading the results they believe they were successful!

I am suffering from some heartburn and fatigue but those symptoms should pass within the next day or two.  I just keep reminding myself how much worse the side effects could be!

I go back up to Philadelphia on February 29th for round #6.  That means I have 4 weeks off to live life as normal!  We are looking forward to all of the fun in store! 

Here is a pic of us in front of the famous Philadelphia LOVE sign:


No comments:

Post a Comment