1/30/2012

Treatment #5 in the morning

First, we want to thank everybody who has donated money, hotel points and airline miles to help us with our travel costs. It has been SO nice to come up here every month and not worry about the expenses. Also, thank you to everybody who has taken us to the airport and watched our dog, Jetty! You are helping me get the best treatment possible!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We met with Dr. Sato today and he gave us the scan results. The subcutaneous spot on my chest has grown slightly but you still cannot feel it through the skin. I have a new subcutaneous lesion on my bellybutton that is also very small, and he does not believe he can feel that one either. The subcutaneous lesions are not ideal but I am thankful they are located below the skin and not on a vital organ! One of the lesions on my liver has grown about 1cm and that is what we want to attack at full force. I will have my 5th round of immunoembolization tomorrow. Dr. Gonsalves (my interventional radiologist) will go after this spot in particular and try to cut off any blood supply to this lesion. The good news is that all of the other spots on my liver have shrunk or remain stable!

Dr. Sato is also prescribing me an anti seizure medication that has been shown to slow or halt the progression of ocular melanoma and, needless to say, I am very excited to try it! I will have another round of immuno next month to treat the other "half" of my liver. (My liver anatomy is a little different than most since I had a resection). After that I will wait a month, get scanned again, and come back up here to figure out the next step.

We will check into the hospital around 6 am tomorrow morning! Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment